Jade Engineering operates within an Integrated Management System (IMS), of which the various Quality, Safety, & Environmental Procedures & Work Instructions form a part of Jade Engineering client commitment.
Our IMS is based on the following Standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 Safety Management
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management
Jade has achieved international certification for these standards through JAS-ANZ.
JAS-ANZ is the government-appointed accreditation body for Australia and New Zealand responsible for providing accreditation of conformity assessment bodies (CABs) in the fields of certification and inspection. Accreditation by JAS-ANZ demonstrates the competence and independence of these CABs.
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
Jade Engineering is committed to following all procedures in our Quality Management System, which complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard. We are also committed to the continual improvement of our Quality Management System through ongoing recording & monitoring of our performance.
Our primary objective is to provide products and services to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations and to provide error-free and on-time delivery with superior value to our customers.
AS/NZS 4801:2001 Safety Management
Jade Engineering endeavours to comply with the AS/NZS 4801:2001 Safety Management Standard, and the Model Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations 2011. Company policy is to conduct its activities in such a way as to provide an environment which, so far as is reasonably practical, protects the health, safety and welfare of all people at the workplace and actively encourages safe work practices & risk management.
Jade Engineering makes every effort to ensure compliance with all relevant legislative and statutory requirements, Codes of Practice and Industry standards, & making adequate provision of resources to meet these requirements.
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management
Jade Engineering has recognised the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Standard as a high priority, and has integrated environmental considerations into all aspects & impacts in planning of operational decisions and processes.
To comply with all relevant legislative requirements, Jade has adopted effective environmental management procedures in accordance with the principles of best practice, to identify, control and minimise environmental risks arising from our operations.
AS9100 Aerospace & AS6174 Counterfeit Material
We are currently in the process of upgrading our Integrated Management System to include AS9100 (Aerospace) & AS6174 (Counterfeit Material). This will allow us to work directly for the Defence and Aerospace industries, meeting specified industry standards to ensure the safest and most comprehensive results for our clients.
Cyber Security Essential Eight Security Model
At Jade Engineering, we are implementing the Essential Eight Maturity Model, which assists organisations in the mitigation of cyber security incidents caused by various cyber threats. Our comprehensive understanding of the Essential Eight Maturity Model will allow Jade Engineering to assist our clients in services relating to or encompassing cyber security.
Australian Industry Group
Jade Engineering’s subscription to Ai Group provides us with updated information on all Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Legal requirements, to ensure we operate with full compliance.
Jade Engineering strives to conduct its business with a total commitment to our Customers and their requirements. We define quality as conformance to our Customer’s needs. In order to achieve this goal, we need the cooperation and effort of the entire Jade Engineering workforce. We must function as a team in our efforts to give the Customer what they want; First Time, Every Time.
- Provide products and services to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations and to provide error-free and on-time delivery with superior value to our customers.
- To Achieve & Maintain 3rd Party Certification.
To provide a diversified and resourceful business providing a variety of sustainable employment opportunities for staff.
How will we meet this objective?
- Through validation of our procedures, using internal auditing and monitoring our System Improvement Reports.
- Through external auditing conducted regularly.
- Continual improvement in company structure with an innovative view to ongoing staff education.
- Jade Engineering empowers all employees to participate in implementing this policy and to assume responsibility for the quality of their work.
Our quality will not be compromised for cost or schedule. We empower all employees with the power question their supervisor’s decisions or actions if it can be demonstrated that quality is being compromised.
We are committed to following all procedures in our Quality Management System, which complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. We are also committed to the continual improvement of our Quality Management System through ongoing recording & monitoring of our performance.
Jade Engineering’s Commitment To Safety & Environment
It is Company policy to conduct our activities in such a way as to provide a workplace which, so far as is reasonably practicable, protects the health, safety and welfare of all, and actively encourages innovative, safe and environmentally sustainable practices, at all times. It is essential that all staff be co-operative, dedicated & innovative towards a healthy & safe working environment. See JE070 Environmental Policy & JE135 Workplace Health & Safety Policy.
Workplace Health and Safety Policy
Company policy is to conduct its activities in such a way as to provide an environment which, so far as is reasonably practical, protects the health, safety and welfare of all people at the workplace and actively encourages safe work practices, both at work and off the job. Jade Engineering endeavours to comply with the Model Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations 2011. Therefore, to achieve a healthy, accident-free working environment the dedication and co-operation of each and every company employee is essential.
In order to support this policy, the company will:
- Comply with all relevant legislative and statutory requirements, Codes of Practice and Industry standards, making adequate provision of resources to meet these requirements.
- Provide and maintain plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to the health or safety of employees, subcontractors and the general public.
- Provide personal protection to employees where appropriate, including protective clothing and safety equipment and instruction in its use.
- Take all reasonable measures to protect all persons, from risks to their health and safety arising from the organisational activities of the company, and to ensure that premises, plant, equipment and processes, or access to and egress from such operations controlled by the company are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide adequate first aid and emergency facilities, together with appropriately trained personnel.
- Institute a rehabilitation and suitable duties program aimed at restoring an injured worker to the fullest physical, psychological, social and economic usefulness of which they are capable.
- Encourage joint consultation and participation between company management, Health Professionals to pro-actively develop & maintain preventative Health & Safety measures for all to enjoy.
- By way of a formal program of action and activities, continually seek innovative improvement in this vital area, (JE296 QSE Objectives & Targets).
- Encourage a culture of well being and injury prevention by way of morning stretches and the implementation of the TIPS Injury Prevention Safety Kone and SSS Manual Handling practices.
Employees and subcontractors for their part, will be expected, as appropriate to:
- Comply with all relative legislation/statutory requirements, working procedures, codes of practice, industry standards, TIPS Injury Prevention Safety Kone and SSS Manual Handling practices and make adequate provisions of resources to meet these requirements.
- Wear appropriate protective equipment.
- Report and rectify hazards and participate in the analysis of accidents.
- Demonstrate a responsible duty of care for towards themselves, fellow employees, customers and all others.
No task is so important that it may compromise the health and safety of any one or thing. Appropriate consideration must be given to determine a healthy and safe work method for each and every activity.
The Management of Jade Engineering (Qld) Pty Ltd is committed to the Workplace Health Safety & Environment Policy.
Jade Engineering is a fabrication & machining engineering business, competitive, efficient, professional and profitable, which recognises environmentally conscious, proactive & sustainable principles. As part of our continuous improvement policy we have moved forward from “Best Practice Environmental Management” to “Innovative Environmental Management.
- Compliance with applicable environmental statutory requirements.
- Commitment to continual improvement through our innovative approach to waste minimisation, pollution prevention and resource efficiencies.
- Minimise the impact of our operations on the neighbouring community
- Demonstration of environmentally responsible practices
- Regard for employee, customer and community environmental expectations.
To ensure this policy is complied with, the company will:
- Establish an environmental management system to measure and monitor operational activities with significant environmental impact, using JE056 HSE Risk Management Form for hazard identification, and documenting all risks within the document JE297 Safety & Environmental Risk Register.
- Establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of waste, pollution and environmental harm.
- Contribute to the development of employee, industry & community environmental awareness by displaying our Environmental Policy on our website and promoting participation in consultation with employees, industry & the public.
- Compliance with regulations from the Environmental Protection Act 1994 and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems, as documented by the employer.
- Monitor and review company documentation and work performance to address non-conformances and introduce improvement opportunity.
Educate Employees and Communicate to the Public
Always Seek to be Innovative & Improve
Take Responsible Action to Prevent Pollution
Heed the Law